Monday, December 7, 2009

Colder

I am not terribly happy about this gloomy winter weather and I am not terribly happy about my unhappiness about it. Every year I think I have made peace with Old Man Winter, and for the most part I have, but every year also I get a bit mad at him. The snow is beautiful and I really love it. I think its just my tolerance for the cold that needs improvment. I used to not care about cold at all. I remember Skiing at night when it was 15 below and thinking it was totally no big deal. I have grown soft in my old age. Or maybe the years I spent living in places where it never got colder than 50 degrees are what did it to me. Maybe I should just move back to one of those places. Or maybe it is my old age and its Father Time I have the beef with and not really Old Man Winter.

Also, On Wednesday night it will get down to 8 degrees in Salt Lake City and 6 degrees in Provo. That's legitimately cold. Yeah, it gets much colder in other places, but that still doesn't make it okay.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I have felt a palpable gloom these last few days. Is it because I'm sick? or because these darkest, longest, coldest days are the devil's own? you be the judge.