Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Three Trees I love

These are the trees I probably love the most.


This one I used to climb up and jump out of. If you climbed high enough you could see the entire Salt Lake Valley. At night time you could see the Jordan River Temple glowing. I am too big to climb high enough now because the branches would certainly break.




In this one I found my very first bird nest with little eggs in it. If you climbed up onto the roof of my house with binoculars, you could look down into the nest and see. It was especially exciting when the baby robins hatched.





This one I planted years ago. It's a Weeping Willow. When I planted it, it was about an inch in diameter. Now its about 18 inches in diameter and still growing. I doubt this Willow will ever grow as big as the one at the house where I was born (which my father built), but the people who bought that house cut it down. It was so big that they never could get the stump and roots out so now there is this huge tree stump in the middle of their front yard. I doubt this is what they wanted, but it serves them right.

No comments: