Saturday, March 6, 2010

"She made up someone to be. She made up somewhere to be from."

One day I will use this song in a film.  Probably I will star in that film and I will be a private detective. It will be my autobiography.    

A friend gave me an iTunes gift card, which means I can continue to buy all of the amazing songs I hear on KRCL and tag with my iPhone.  That's the best thing my iPhone has done for me... really, it's the only thing it has to offer.

"Don't let a fool kiss you... don't let a kiss fool you."  Who does Tom Waits think he is? Gee whiz.



Sometimes I feel anxious because there is so much good stuff to be seen and so many good people to "connect" with, for lack of a better word, and I am afraid of all that I am missing.  This used to fear used to paralyze me, kind of like those goats on youtube that freeze when you scare them, but I have gotten so much better.  Now, I kind of like the feeling.  When I say anxious, I mean like I feel the same way I would feel if I ran into a bear in the woods.  Does David pee in his pants when he encounters a bear in the woods?

Also, does anybody else like The National?  I noticed of the last 5 songs I have tagged, two have been by them.  I think I like these guys.  Right now I am listening to "Fake Empire,"  there is so much good stuff... too much.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I love The National. Tom Waits is beyond. Did you like Ghost Writer? Also, I like your blog. And I wish I had an iPhone, but that I wouldn't have to pay for it, or service for it.