Sunday, April 11, 2010

I listened to a lot of General Conference today.  Lots of it I was hearing for the second time.  It was kind of amazing.  It is always kind of funny how one can't help but feel that the there was some sort of personalized theme running through the whole conference and it's funny how an entirely different "one" can feel that same thing about a totally different and just as personalized theme.  So, on the count of three, let's all say what the theme was this time. 1... 2... 3!

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

No, you tell me. And tell me your top 3 talks I should find on the internets and listen to. I won't parse my complicated relationship with that scene of cultural production (General Conference), but I would like to stay in touch with it nonetheless. Without spending 8 hrs. with it.

Chris Almond said...

I had no idea you believed in the church. Very interesting.
Amazing the things don't know about your acquaintances.
Lately I have been thinking a lot about the church. I miss it at times. It is interesting, the longer I have been away from it, the more I feel positively towards it.(also the less I believe it is true. I have the same degree of believe in the lds church as I do, say, Jehovah's witnesses)
I guess its like, the less I believe it, the more I am able to be okay with it. You know how the more you care about someone, the more you are able to be hurt by them because you have more invested emotionally? Since I don't have any belief in the church, I don't have any emotional investment, and am not as effected by the parts which used to bother me so much and am able to just appreciate the good things. This comment turned out to be a lot longer than I had expected.

whitney said...

I think the theme was "leave your non-mormon daughter alone."

meg said...

I LOVED conference: Love. Love is my theme. Charity - see the Book of Mormon, Moroni 7:45. I am committing it to memory again.