Wednesday, April 14, 2010

O. Henry

I can't believe how warm it is outside... especially when that is contrasted with how cold it is in my room.  I kind of feel like I've rented The Furnished Room from that short story by O. Henry... which I once used as wrote a a short film.  I imagine that room was very cold.

Goals
1. Stay out of my cold, cold room.
2. TBA
3. Pass that last class and graduate... finally. I am late... but I finished?
      a. me finishing my degree in film was an exercise in doing something I really believe is worthless but that I am finishing for the sake of finishing.  I guess that's a good reason to finish any cause... well any cause that you don't suddenly realize should be abandoned.  There is an old Chinese proverb that says "No matter how far you have gone down the wrong path, turn back."

  

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I love these goals.

And also my house is colder than the outside. Which is awesome in summer, but sort of startling in spring.

Most of my goals are TBA, frankly.

And I am going to have that Chinese proverb tattooed on my back. Preferably in the form of a single character. That's a thing, right?

Elisa said...

VOICEMAIL!!!!!!

Also, my diploma has so far served as an excellent coaster. The envelope it came in is nice and thick.

Starman said...

Lisa,
You must take special care when choosing a Chinese proverb to be tatted. Consult a trustworthy Native Chinese speaker who is without guile. Don't trust Walker, sorry Walker, or anybody who is not actually Chinese. All the other ones think their Chinese is about twice as good as it really is.
I recommend the Chinese proverb "They are treating a dead horse as though his legs were growing out of his brain parts." See a native speaker for translation.

PS That's not a real Chinese proverb, but many people now think it is because of a notorious practical joke played on the IKEA corporation.