Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm feeling bloggy.  My doctor told me I can't run anymore because of various back problems/pressures.  I don't know if he means just outside on pavement or if I can't even run on a treadmill.

This Article

interests me, because maybe if I ran with better form I would have less back pain when I do it.  I tried that this morning while running on a treadmill.  I tried landing on the balls of my feet.  It actually hurt much less and was soooo much easier.  I was something of the king of that treadmill.  It was like running and having someone pushing me forward, I had to turn the thing up.  I think maybe bad form has been my problem for awhile.

I may buy some of these fancy shoes, which look ridiculous.  But, for what it is worth, the two people I have seen wearing them have the type of build I would like to have and do the types of exercise I think is the most natural and beneficial.  

Also, my mother's toxicology report came in this morning.  The only abnormal thing was that she had a slightly elevated level of Amitriptyline in her system.  She takes that stuff to go to sleep sometimes.  So, the coroner said he thought it was very likely that she just accidentally took a double dose, which happens frequently to people on lots of medications; I imagine especially when they have brain injuries.  And so it goes.

2 comments:

lynda said...

i hear those shoes are super good for you, and that traditional shoes are super bad for you. maybe you should just do it.

tiger lily said...

Those shoes are funny.
Thanks for Groundhog Day.