Monday, February 22, 2010

Some Musings About Love, Mermaids and the Evils of CannibAlism

First of all, I would like to give a big "Shout Out" to Lisa Ruefenacht, who is really awesome and very lonely because her man lives in Texas.  Man, Texas.  Who does Texas she think she is?

Also, I wanna talk about The Swimming Song.  This song, like no other, has the ability to cause me to cry almost immediately.  If you see me and can hear this song, I am probably holding back tears.  This song reminds me of Lee Stratford, he showed it to me.



Once, Becca Thomas, a friend of mine and Lee's wrote a movie about us and for us to act in.  In the movie Lee was very sad and anxious and terrified about life and women.  He sought me as his friend and oracle (and I think it was supposed to be implied that maybe I was in love with him).  So, I took him to a swimming pool to help him overcome his fear of water as a first step to living free and happy.  I taught him to swim.  I thought it was sweet.  While we were under the water he met a beautiful mermaid and learned how to love her and lived happily ever after.   I actually met two ever more beautiful mermaids and they tried to kill and eat me.  I learned to not let mermaids, or anything for that matter kill and/or eat me no matter how beautiful they are.  It seems that I had a thing or two to learn also. 

Anyway, my point is that Becca obviously new about my love for this song and Lee and wrote the movie based on them.

PS.  I am absolutely going to do some informal swimming in a reservoir this summer.

7 comments:

Becca Lou said...

but i love it!

Esoteric Whale said...

I have to thank you for introducing me to Old Crow Medicine Show and their music video to "Wagon Wheel." It ended up being the theme song to a good chunk of a year.

Little Lisa said...

I'm not lonely. I don't get lonely. I resent that you said I'm lonely. It's inaccurate. Please edit that.

Elisa said...

I want to see this film. Was it ever finished?

Elisa said...

Also, I love you, but it's cannibAlism.

Starman said...

I thought that was what I changed it to. I hate techmology.

Elisa said...

Smart ass. <3